Water damage is one of the most difficult types of damage to contend with in the home. When your home experiences water damage, you want to know if your insurance can be helpful.
Brokers Insurance Agency, which series Lincoln, NE, knows that water damage is tricky. Here’s what you need to know.
Home Insurance Covers Water Damage to Dwellings
Even if your home insurance policy does not cover flooding, it may cover your dwelling if it faces water damage in another form. For example, a pipe might have busted in the wall, leading to severe damage to your home’s structure.
Keep in mind that not everything is covered by your policy. If your home does not have proper maintenance over the years, you may not be able to recover some expenses. It is important to stay up to date with your policy documents.
Home Insurance Provides Personal Property Coverage
Water damage can also impact your belongings. If your personal items, like electronics or books, are damaged, you may be able to get some help thanks to your home insurance.
Deductible Needs Differ
Each home insurance policy has different types of deductibles. If you are unsure when your policy kicks in to help with water damage, you should speak with an insurance agent who understands your needs and your contract.
Get Home Insurance to Protect Your Property
Whether you want to protect your home or your personal property, you need home insurance. If you do not know what kind of policy you need, consult with Brokers Insurance Agency serving Lincoln, NE to learn more about your options.
Caring for Your RV During Winter
If you are a seasonal RVer, winter is usually the time of year to ready your RV for storage. It is crucial to thoroughly winterize your RV, especially if you live in northern climates.
Our dedicated agents at Brokers Insurance Agency of Lincoln NE offer tips to winterize your RV, and insurance coverage to protect your valuable investment during all months of the year.
Tips for Winterizing Your RV
- Drain water – All the tanks, including grey water, fresh, and black water, should be drained. Turn on faucets and flush toilets after draining. Blowing out the lines can help remove the remaining sediment and waste.
- Fill up propane – Filling up propane tanks will help them remain safe and effective during harsh winter months. Alternatively, you can take out and store tanks that can be removed.
- Clean and cover vents – Covering cleaned-out vents and holes will prevent dust and dirt from settling in them.
- Check engine and top off fluids – Top off critical engine fluids like oil and transmission. Check brake and antifreeze fluid levels. Inspect lines and look for leaks. Maintaining periodically during colder months will keep your RV ready for spring and summer.
- Cover your RV – RVs that are left outside in cold snowy weather wear quicker. Covering your RV with a weatherproof covering will keep the exterior of your RV protected from the elements in winter.
Quality Insurance in Lincoln
The professional team at Brokers Insurance Agency of Lincoln, NE knows the ins and out of RV insurance. We have helped countless individuals with high-quality, year-round coverage. Winterizing your RV and keeping it insured during winter, ensures your RV will be protected from damages and theft.