RVs are meant for fun, but they represent a tremendous financial investment. As an RV owner, you can suffer a substantial financial loss if your RV is not appropriately protected. Like you have auto insurance, you should also invest in RV insurance, regardless of your type of RV.
If you buy RV insurance from Brokers Insurance Agency, you will enjoy the following benefits.
- Liability protection: No one is perfect. Irrespective of how careful you may be, mishaps can still occur on the road. And if you are responsible, you could face legal charges, bodily injury, or property damage. All these do not come cheap. However, you don’t have to worry about third-party expenses with RV insurance.
- Asset protection: RVs are expensive — some may cost as much as a home. And since it’s a considerable investment, it’s only reasonable to secure it by purchasing RV insurance. The policy repairs your RV in case of damage and replaces it if it’s totaled.
- Peace of mind: You will meet all manner of drivers on the road, some drunk, overspeeding and uninsured. Even when other drivers aren’t careful, RV insurance makes you relax and enjoy your journey by protecting you in case of an unfortunate incident.
- Compliance with the law: The state of Nebraska requires that all vehicles on the road show proof of at least minimum liability coverage. Failure to show insurance evidence may subject you to stiff penalties and fines. Why subject yourself to this? You can buy affordable RV insurance from Brokers Insurance Agency.
RV insurance Options in Lincoln, NE
If you require proper RV insurance in Lincoln, NE, and its surroundings, contact none other than Brokers Insurance Agency. We offer affordable RV insurance that suits your needs. Contact us today for a reasonable quote.
Caring for Your RV During Winter
If you are a seasonal RVer, winter is usually the time of year to ready your RV for storage. It is crucial to thoroughly winterize your RV, especially if you live in northern climates.
Our dedicated agents at Brokers Insurance Agency of Lincoln NE offer tips to winterize your RV, and insurance coverage to protect your valuable investment during all months of the year.
Tips for Winterizing Your RV
- Drain water – All the tanks, including grey water, fresh, and black water, should be drained. Turn on faucets and flush toilets after draining. Blowing out the lines can help remove the remaining sediment and waste.
- Fill up propane – Filling up propane tanks will help them remain safe and effective during harsh winter months. Alternatively, you can take out and store tanks that can be removed.
- Clean and cover vents – Covering cleaned-out vents and holes will prevent dust and dirt from settling in them.
- Check engine and top off fluids – Top off critical engine fluids like oil and transmission. Check brake and antifreeze fluid levels. Inspect lines and look for leaks. Maintaining periodically during colder months will keep your RV ready for spring and summer.
- Cover your RV – RVs that are left outside in cold snowy weather wear quicker. Covering your RV with a weatherproof covering will keep the exterior of your RV protected from the elements in winter.
Quality Insurance in Lincoln
The professional team at Brokers Insurance Agency of Lincoln, NE knows the ins and out of RV insurance. We have helped countless individuals with high-quality, year-round coverage. Winterizing your RV and keeping it insured during winter, ensures your RV will be protected from damages and theft.
RV life can be both fun and liberating. More and more people are discovering the freedom and adventure of living out of their RV full time. In order to make the most of your RV living, however, it is important to have all of your insurance bases covered. At Richards Insurance Agency, serving Lincoln, NE, we know that the only way you can make good insurance choices is to have the best insurance information. Keep reading to find out what you need to know about RV insurance.
Is a Traditional Auto Policy Good Enough?
In many states, you can operate an RV with a traditional auto insurance policy. However, the problem is that when you choose to start living in your RV full-time or even part-time, your insurance needs change. The RV is now no longer simply a vehicle, but now it is also operating as your residence. If you are living in your RV, a traditional auto insurance policy is probably not enough.
What Will RV Insurance Cover?
RV insurance is similar to traditional auto insurance in many ways and different in some important ways. RV insurance can be customized to suit your particular needs, but in general, the policy will cover the following areas:
- Collision/ Comprehensive– This type of coverage will kick in should your RV become damaged or lost through an accident or other circumstance or if your RV is stolen.
- Liability– This type of coverage will help cover expenses if another person is injured because of your RV.
- Personal property- This is a type of coverage that differs from traditional auto. If you are living in your RV, this type of coverage will protect your personal belongings.
If you would like to learn more about RV insurance, please contact our Richards Insurance Agency staff, serving Lincoln, NE.
Renting an RV is a great way to spend your vacation if you love to travel. The agents of Richards Insurance Agency in Lincoln, NE understand that you need to be covered by the right type of insurance while you are camping. You need to consider purchasing insurance that will reduce your liability as well as protect your belongings.
Buy Insurance Through the Rental Agency
When you rent an RV, the company automatically provides you with basic insurance coverage to protect its investment. You can buy an additional amount of coverage to protect you if the RV is damaged in any way while it is in your possession. Normally, the rental agency will allow you to choose from two or three different amounts.
Purchase Additional Insurance Through Your Agent
While the coverage you purchase from the rental agency protects the RV, it doesn’t do much for you. It doesn’t provide you with liability coverage and it won’t protect you if your personal property is lost or stolen. If you want to protect your personal items, you will need to talk to your personal insurance agent to see what your options are.
At Richards Insurance Agency, residents who are from the Lincoln, NE area can discuss your options with you if you choose to rent an RV for your vacation this year. They can help you determine how much insurance is needed and what your liability options are. Most policies include some degree of liability, but it is up to you when choosing how much to carry over the state-mandated limits. Schedule a consultation to talk over your options today!