Auto Vs. Truck Insurance: Is There Any Difference?

Nebraska drivers will want to choose an auto insurance policy with care. This means not only purchasing adequate coverage but also making sure you have the right policy for your vehicle.

What’s Covered by Auto Insurance?

Nebraska law stipulates that you must purchase adequate auto insurance. A basic policy must include $50,000 per accident in bodily injury liability coverage and $25,000 per accident in property damage liability coverage. It must also include bodily injury coverage for uninsured and underinsured motorists with limits that match the policies mentioned above. At the same time, auto owners are free to purchase additional forms of coverage, such as comprehensive auto insurance. 

What’s Covered by Truck Insurance?

The key difference between car and truck insurance is the purpose for which you use a vehicle. For instance, a regular auto insurance policy can cover your pick-up truck if you only use the truck for personal travel. If you use it for any commercial work, you’ll need to purchase a commercial truck insurance policy. Commercial work doesn’t include traveling to and from your job, but it does include traveling to meet clients or even occasionally transporting goods to a local market. It also includes coverage for an employee driving your truck. Basic coverage offers the same level of protection as an auto policy. However, you can add various forms of coverage to suit your needs. For instance, if you transport expensive items, you may want coverage for your goods to ensure you’ll receive compensation if items are lost or stolen.

Get Help from Brokers Insurance Agency

Brokers Insurance Agency can assess your situation and help you ensure that you’re taking out the right policy for your vehicle. Contact us to find out more or to get a quote on the policy of your choice.